Monday, April 16, 2007

Pizza Tonight!

I tried this super-easy pizza recipe, and we all loved it!
I thought I'd share it, since I love to pass on a good thing :)

Crazy Crust Pizza

1 c. flour
2/3 c. milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cornmeal
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. pizza sauce
1 c. mozzarella cheese (I used more - we love extra cheese!)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Toppings (use several - this is similar to deep-dish pizza): Italian sausage, 1/2 finely chopped onion, 1/2 c. green and/or red pepper, pepperoni, mushrooms, Canadian bacon, etc.

Cook the toppings that need to be precooked (sausage, veggies, etc.)


In a bowl, combine flour, milk, eggs, and salt. Spray nonstick cooking spray on a 14" pizza pan (with sides, or crust will run off!) and sprinkle with cornmeal. Pour batter into pan, tilting to cover. Spoon toppings over batter; sprinkle with oregano & pepper.

Bake @ 425' for 10-12 min., or until lightly browned. Spread with pizza sauce & sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 min. longer or until sauce is heated through & cheese is melted.

1 comment:

PSBBDesigns said...

Looks/sounds yummy! I'm going to have to print this one out.