Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Self Portrait Challenge - Blue

Melissa is a dear friend. I have known her more than half of my life now, and she is a treasure to me. I know I can always tell her what is on my heart, and she will listen and advise with love. We've had a lot of fun together - we've laughed to the point of tears! (hey, M, we need an un-grown-up day to do that again soon :) ) She also has excellent taste. She sent me a beautiful book for my birthday last month that is characteristically "Melissa". I sat down immediately and started thumbing through the detailed pictures of well-appointed rooms.

This is one of my favorite pictures - I love the mis-matched dishes and the way the green & blue pop on the the white background. I love green, Melissa loves blue :)

Melissa's classic taste led to this beauty, a silver mint julep cup, that she gave to me the day of her wedding 5 years ago. I just pulled it out of hiding in a cabinet a few weeks ago, added this blue peony, and placed it on a vacated little shelf. I liked how they look together, and how they remind me of my friend.

To see what others are doing for "Blue" Self Portraits this month, click HERE

4 comments:

Vedrana M. said...

how beautiful, love the portrait :) and it's wonderful to have friend like Melissa

Anonymous said...

That's a really fun photo. It's wonderful to have something that reminds you of such an important person in your life. I have a few things like that, but none of them are so pretty...

Salt said...

What a great picture, and a great story too.

nic said...

very sweet spc. :)