Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Little Secret

By definition of my business, I am required to iron. It is a necessary part of what I do. Without it, you would not see the beautiful outfits I offer; instead you would see a wrinkled mess of fabric, and who would want to buy that?

Now my secret: I despise ironing.

Whew - now that it's not a secret anymore, I feel better with that off my chest.

From the look of a lot of boutique resells I've seen lately, I can tell that many customers are not thrilled with ironing either. I don't blame you. I sympathize with you. I want to help you!

Here is my other secret, which is also about to not be a secret anymore:


I don't iron my family's clothing - only in extreme instances will I turn that iron on - instead, whatever it is, I steam it, with this:



My Little Steamer!
(click ^ to go see it on HSN)

Steamers work wonders on wrinkled ruffles, crumpled capris, bedraggled dresses, and puckered peasants. Irons can have unsightly side effects (new wrinkles!) and you often need steam anyway for the best ironed results. But with the steamer, you just hang the item on a hanger, put the hanger up on a shower curtain rod, and steam away. You can steam right there in your bathroom while you're getting ready for the day, so you don't have to run through the house in your skivvies to the ironing board.

I own an older model of Joy Mangano's My Little Steamer - it doesn't have the fancy attachments or the retractable cord like in the picture above - but I still love this thing!! If it ever croaks, I can assure you I will be buying the newest model with a happy smile, because it is worth every single penny.

3 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Rebekah ~
Ohhh my gosh ! I miss the flea market sooo much ~ the one I go to on the weekends is at the Cattle Barns in Fort Worth ~ it is off of 30 and Montgomery Street ~
It is fun but the prices aren't near what the Southlake one was ~
xoxo,
Lori

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Lori! I can't wait to visit that one, as I've been itching to go flea marketing :)

Everyone else, go visit Lori's beautiful blog, to see her pretty flea market finds!

http://katiesrosecottage.blogspot.com/

-- Rebekah

The Asquad said...

i am with ya' sista!! i don't iron unless I have to. funny though, i love ironing my sewing creations. i guess it's just that crisp look that makes the finished product pop. as they say, it's the details that matter. i would love to have a steamer, acutally saw one at bed bath and beyond that i considered purchasing. someday maybe!! penny