Thursday, August 7, 2008

visible improvement

As of today, the house has the roof, the air conditioning ducts, windows, and a bathtub in the kitchen...


the front entryway


I'm sure the tub will make it's way to the hall bathroom eventually!


So, this is where Santa will come in, huh?



This bay window is in my bedroom window, and I need ideas for a simple and beautiful window covering for it. I don't like big, heavy drapes with valances and all sorts of stuff. So far, the ideas I have are three rods (one on each side window and one on the center window) with panels like these or a covered cornice across the front with a rod behind it going straight across with panels that pull completely to the sides. Any other ideas or pictures for me? I would be thankful for any inspiration I can get!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I had a bay window like this in my old house, but it was in the living room and I just framed it with curtains.

Oh, Bridget had one in a very old house we lived in in town and I did roman shades for her.

Anonymous said...

So sorry I don't have any tips on what to put in that beautiful new house of yours! What you have in mind looks lovely though!

You are so lucky and I am so happy for you during this exciting time. Your girls will remember this. :)

Joanne said...

Great pictures of your new home! We need to come and see it with you.