Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Tree

We have a tree growing in our hallway.
Really.

Ok, so it's not a live tree.

But it's growing every day!

It's a Thankful Tree.

You can have one, too.

Really.

We traced our handprints onto red, orange, yellow, brown & green construction papers, and cut them out.

I cut out a tree trunk from some brown craft paper recycled from a shipping box, and taped the trunk on the wall.

For each day until Thanksgiving, the girls each get a leaf, and they write something they're thankful for it, before I tape it to the tree.

By Thanksgiving, we'll have a huge tree of thankfulness!



Some of the things on our leaves right now:
food
clean water
Daddy
pretty places
family
toys
forgiveness
the abc's
holidays
sisters
God

3 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a wonderful idea!

angela said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea! Thanks for dropping in on my blog. I think my girls would love making a thankful tree!

erin said...

love this!