Monday, March 23, 2009

any excuse I can find

I love soup! And since my family doesn't really like eating it when it's hot (which is about 8 months of the year here), I use any excuse I can get away with to make it.

Spring has been in full swing here, but today a cool wind has been blustering its way through, and it's just a bit nippy outside. So can you guess what I made for dinner?





If you love tomato basil soup from La Madeleine & other restaurants, you will love this easy recipe that I found over on Recipezaar. I used a can of fat-free evaporated milk in place of the cream & olive oil in place of the butter for a healthier version, it still tasted fantastic!

By the way, Recipezaar is a fantastic site - if your grandmother's next door neighbor's cousin made something that you loved but have never found since, try looking for it on this site, and you just might find it!

I also made little mini-grilled cheese sandwiches from whole wheat French bread & cheddar cheese. I found this recipe while blog hopping for the
Ultimate Blog Party! They were a big hit with the girls - I think I'll make them again, even without the soup.

No comments: