Tuesday, August 25, 2009

waiting.... waiting...

My dear friend's husband called late last night to let me know she was in labor!

Baby Sophia is going to make her appearance three days early...

I'm so excited I can hardly sit still...

just waiting for the phone to ring any minute...

trying to keep my mind busy with sewing for another baby shower I'm attending on Sunday...


car seat blanket


is the phone working, anyway??

yes, it's working, there's the dial tone...

still waiting!!!


I realize they probably have so much going on that I'm not going to hear from them today, and since it's been over 18 hours since she checked into the hospital, she has more than likely delivered already (for her sake, I hope so!!)... but she is like a sister and if I lived closer I would have been there in the waiting room, not stuck here at home with no knowledge of anything whatseover... can you tell I'm sooo antsy??



Update! She was born at 11:10am, 6 lbs. 5 oz., 18.5" long.

Sophia and mom are both doing well!

6 comments:

Audra said...

Oh, there's nothing like waiting for news of a friend's baby to come! A mix of excitement for them on such a momentous day and gladness that you aren't in labor! Happy waiting!

Rebekah said...

You made me laugh, Audra - I am indeed glad I'm not the one in labor ;D

angela said...

How cute! New babies...nothing better. Love the quilt, by the way. Chenile on the back...yummy!

Audra said...

Yeah! I had to check back and see what happened. I love her name. You should show and tell what you made for her. If you made anything that is. Ha Ha!

Rebekah said...

Yes, Audra, I did make some things for her baby shower - the blanket & boat in this post:
http://sunnybrookfarmdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/07/summer-projects.html
as well as a little outfit (but forgot to take pictures of it before the shower!)

I'm also working on a little dress for her today - just can't help myself :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my blanket...it's so pretty it's hanging on the wall!

Donna