Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday....

Our town festival was Saturday, and yes, we look forward to this all year. Despite the uncharacteristically cold and cloudy weather for Texas in early October, it was a great day for us for sure, with lots to see and do, lots of fun and prizes and even a coloring contest!

Have I mentioned before how this girl is really brave??

up up up!


all kinds of fun


The festival has a distinct Old West twist to it, since we have historic buildings and a spot along a famous cattle trail out of Ft. Worth, and of course, my husband's brainchild - a reenactment of the shootout between the Texas Rangers & outlaws Sam Bass & Seaborn Barnes. My husband has so much fun with this reenactment, even though he gets shot, seven times yesterday in fact (since there were seven performances, of course). I'm always glad to get him home in one piece in real life!

seaborn and sam


Sam's last stand, just before he's mortally wounded by the Texas Rangers...

sam's last stand



Flying high...

flying high

3 comments:

Audra said...

Looks like fun! I love your photos of the shoot-out!

TheCatLord said...

Wow! is that your daughter up there on the rock wall? yep, that's bravery!

Joanne said...

Looks like everyone had a great day! I don't think I would be brave enough to climb that wall.