Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Christmas Carol

For nine shows this weekend, our church opened its doors to anyone who wanted to come for a musical adaptation of A Christmas Carol. This was hands down the most amazing production I have ever been a part of in my life. I will cherish it in my heart forever.




A few years ago, I was faced with the ugly truth that I handled deadline pressure very poorly (very. nuf said.) I was so broken by my bad behavior that I asked God to change me, I knew it was the only way. Since that time, He has faithfully put a handful of women in my path for me to watch and learn from their example how it can be done.

As part of this journey, I was introduced to and worked with Michele Cohen, who was part of the director/writer team for A Christmas Carol. She is fun, smart, and was so gracious under pressure - I feel honored that God allowed me to learn from her example these last few months. Thank you, Michele, for being faithful - you touched my life.

Me & Michele



This group of 25+ women were in a room the size of a living room (as our dressing room) for 3 days straight, and we had so much fun, I cannot even begin to tell you! Olde English dancing townspeople know how to enjoy our downtime...
Love you, girls!!! (I wish I had pictures of you all!)

Rachael, Me & Katie


Kathy, Jennifer, Holly, Lauren A., Lauren B., Aimee


Kathy & I


The most powerful part of the production was the scene where Scrooge is faced with the future if he does not change his ways. Add "The Carol of the Bells", dry ice, angels and demons battling for his soul, fire exploding from the stage - we ladies in hoods with bells were humbled to be part of that scene!

There will come
An inescapable day
When rods of shepherds
And kings' scepters
Side by side will lay



Me & Holly


Dance Revolution - they look scary but their hearts are gold!


Crazy chicks in the hood...


I've heard it said that when you serve, you are changed as much as the ones you are serving. I know this is true, because I'll never be the same after this weekend.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

The production of The Christmas Carol that your church, with you in it, was wonderful! A fabulous job done by all. Glad you had fun doing it.