Tuesday, December 14, 2010

easy toffee bars

easy toffee bars


A post a while back over on Beki's blog reminded me of this recipe I had. It's a great treat for the holidays... or anytime, for that matter!


Easy Toffee Bars

Break up graham crackers into the small rectangles, and lay them out tightly on a 10x15 jelly roll-type pan (pan needs to have sides). This takes about half a box of graham crackers.

Melt 2 sticks of butter with 1 c. of brown sugar in a saucepan. Stir constantly & bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, still stirring. Pour over crackers in pan. Bake for 7-9 minutes at 350°.

Sprinkle with 2 cups of chocolate chips (one 12 oz. bag) and let sit a couple of minutes for them to soften. Spread them out like frosting with a knife once they're soft.

Finish with a sprinkle of finely chopped almonds or pecans (I used almonds here.) Let cool. These are easier to remove from the pan when they're not completely cold & hard.

2 comments:

nic said...

oh my goodness, these look incredible. are they at all like almond roca candies? i'm thinking i might need to whip up a batch, either way. :)

Rebekah said...

hey nic, I haven't ever had almond roca candy, but maybe I ought to try it soon!

If you did try this recipe, I hope you enjoyed it!