Friday, March 21, 2008

Shoe Girl

I am admittedly not much of a shoe shopper. I like specific styles that I know will fit my foot's shape & be comfortable. I like to have basic colors (black, white, brown) and an occasional fun color thrown in (like my striped Keds sandals), but that's about it. I love looking at beautiful shoes, don't get me wrong, and I gaze longingly at the variety on Endless Shoes and Piperlime, but I never actually buy anything.

Claire, however, seems to love shoes. She loves shopping for them, trying them on, and most of all, she loves wearing pretty shoes! She can't stand the plain black Mary Janes that her practically-minded mother chose for her. Last week she went shopping at Kohl's with me during big sister's ballet class, and this is what we came home with for Easter:

Munchkins by Stride Rite - Tegan in Pink


Get this - I, the practically-minded mother, love these shoes!!! The little sequin details for the rainbows and on the flowers look like boutique shoes. And lest we neglect sensibility, they really will go with so much of her wardrobe. Maybe now that I've crossed the "fun shoe" line, I'll break down and buy these for myself:

2 comments:

jenica said...

i'm loving those shoes! both of them!

Joanne said...

Those shoes are great!