Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Self Portrait Challenge - { shoes - adventure }

I woke Nicole up at 6:30 this morning to head out for an early morning walk. It is glorious to go out before the sun up, beating down its summer rays, scorching the pavement and my skin. That time is almost like a summer treasure, hidden away in those early morning hours, when there is fresh, dappled light and coolness is still in the air.





This shot was taken after our walk this morning,
the evidence of a lovely time with a little girl's hand in mine,
as we climbed around the empty, sometimes muddy, lots in our neighborhood.


This is the final week of the "Shoes" theme for Self Portrait Challenge - there have been some amazingly creative submissions this month!

2 comments:

angela said...

Aahhhh, what a nice time. Over the years I have become more of a morning person...I suppose having children does that to you. Oh, I'm having a giveaway over at my blog :o)

Anonymous said...

what a cool memory for both of you.