Friday, November 13, 2009

Fingerprint Friday - { you }

You - yes, you - are a fingerprint of God.

I have spent over a year participating in Fingerprint Friday, taking time to notice God's handiwork in the world around me, be it children, animals, plants, even bugs!

But the Lord prompted me recently to turn the camera on myself.

And I said to myself, "Me?? But I'm not sweet and cute like a child or a butterfly... I have scars and grey hair and 'those places'" (you know, the ones that never went back to where they used to be before having babies!)

And He says, "Yes, you. Those scars are from things that made you who you are. Grey hairs are from experience. And bearing children is a beautiful thing that you did with your life. These things make you unique, which is what makes you lovely to Me."

Just because I'm a grown up doesn't mean I've outgrown being made by His hands. In fact, I'm being changed from the inside out by Him each and every day.


you


I would like to challenge all Fingerprint Friday readers to go to a mirror and look at yourself, and as soon as you start mentally pointing out the flaws you usually notice, stop! Concentrate on looking at the beautiful things God made in you (you know what they are, we're just often to self-critical to notice!) Perhaps your smile, the color of your eyes, freckles, the color of your skin... oh, and what's that shining out of you? It's Him!

I further challenge all Fingerprint Friday posters, in the next couple of weeks, be bold! Use a picture of yourself for FF! You can do it! We will all encourage you and lift you up - that's a wonderful part of what FF is all about!

Show us the fingerprint that is YOU.




There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God


So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? Here's how to join in:

1. Blog with your interpretation of God's fingerprints.

2. Be sure to link so others can find the entire list of participants! Go over to PamperingBeki's blog to add your link to the list of participants.


9 comments:

littlebird said...

what a lovely post : )

Snowcatcher said...

That is a GREAT Fingerprint, and you are exactly right! Thanks for the challenge, and I may take you up on that!

jonahbonah said...

A PERFECT fingerprint!

melissa

Nancy said...

Wow.. so beautiful. Love your blog. love it. I'll be back. Thanks for visiting mine! :)

Shirley Pando said...

Thank you so much for challenging me to love ME! I do only see the "flaws" and am coming up on a really big birthday.(it rhymes with nifty!)

I will take your challenge and turn the camera on myself.

Your photo is gorgeuos, by the way! A lovely fingerprint!

:D

Farmgirl Paints said...

Wow that's a great picture of you! I already signed up. I love that fingerprint friday. What a great idea.

StudioCherie said...

I am always glad I came here. You are wonderful.

Audra said...

I love this! It goes right along with the study I am doing about contentment, ever with our selves. Thanks for sharing!

Joanne said...

Truly lovely to me too.
Love you, Mom