Monday, February 1, 2010

Self Portrait Challenge { flashback 4 }

I know I'm squeaking this one in at the last minute for January's Self Portrait Challenge...

I literally got all set up to do this shot when I came down with a very yucky stomach bug three days ago... it's still hanging on today, but I decided to go for it, and see if doing something "normal" would help me feel a little better. I'm happy to report that, at least mentally, it has helped a lot to do something creative today.

So here it is... my last "Flashback" submission, utilizing the final three themes that I had yet to use this month.


spc flashback 4

Album Covers
This theme was my favorite from last year, but the hardest to think about going back to do again, probably because we had so many amazing album cover replications last January! It may not be a completely faithful recreation (I just don't have Nancy's bouncy golden curls, or red leather skirt), but I tried to stay true to the original feel.

Shoes

Introduction
As if I didn't share TMI thus far...
You will never see me walking down the street like this. I don't wear this much eye makeup or skirts this short... I'm a more simple kind of girl... but it sure was fun to do for this! Oh, and the dress was actually my mother's, from the 1970's.



the original:
nancy's boots


2 comments:

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

I sang that song in high school. My Dad picked it out for me to be a little unique...it was. :)

Kim

Anna said...

I remember that dress! We used to play with it when we were little! HAHA! You look fox-ay! hehe