Monday, September 13, 2010

Tired of shrinking cartons with rising prices?

I know I was! And I thought, "Why don't I try making it myself, then?" I ordered the ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid mixer, and after a bit of a learning curve, I have found it is a lot of delicious fun!


the making of french vanilla


It may not be much more economical, but I can control what goes in it, and get some great flavors that can't always be found in the stores. Peanut butter with peanut butter cups? Thin Mints? Pumpkin Cinnamon? No problem!


Today I went for simple - French Vanilla made using this recipe.


french vanilla


I used an amazing new ingredient to my pantry - Vanilla Bean Paste. Tons of tiny black flecks give the ice cream that authentic look, and WOW does it taste good!


vanilla bean paste


If you have a novelty homemade ice cream recipe that your family loves and you'd like to share, please let me know!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I'll be right over! Yummm!