Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thyme Tea

Infuse a small handful of fresh thyme stalks in 2-3 cups boiling water.
In a mug, pour 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2-1 Tbsp. honey to taste.
Now finish filling the mug with the thyme infusion.
Stir & enjoy.


thyme tea


I came up with this thyme tea after spending the last two weeks researching & trying an endless parade of things for this chest congestion I've been fighting.

Thyme is supposed to be very good for the respiratory system, helping maintain clear breathing, actually helping accelerate the reabsorption of mucus out of the lungs.

Well folks, that is exactly what I needed. I have been drinking this tea for two days, and have noticed a marked improvement! Up until then, my improvement was marginal each day.


I love this tea infusing tea pot I found at Ikea! So much easier to use than those little tea infuser balls...



1 comment:

Joanne said...

Wow! That tea pot looks great! I can see a run to Ikea coming in my near future. :)

Glad you had thyme in your yard to use, I need to try to grow some again. The grasshoppers have enjoyed mine each year.